Free shipping on orders over $80 with free colored contacts
There are two types of lenses: soft lenses and hard lenses. Soft Lens Advantage: It contains water and is soft and moist. Soft Lens Disadvantages: Low oxygen transmission rate. Hard Lens Advantage: Excellent vision correction clarity and high oxygen transmission rate. The disadvantage of Hard Lens: It is made of a material that contains little water, which makes it less comfortable to wear. Silicone hydrogel lens is a third-generation lens that combines the advantages of soft lenses and hard lenses.
Today, one of the most popular types of contact lenses in the world, including the United States, Canada, and Australia, is hydrogels, especially silicone hydrogel contact lenses. Silicone is the name used to describe a consistent plastic material, such as a gel containing silicon, oxygen, carbon, and other elements.
Its highly flexible material makes it excellent for making contact lenses as well as many other medical products such as implants and tubes. Since 2009, it accounts for more than 65% of all contact lenses in the United States and continues to grow in market share.
The advantage of this popular silicone hydrogel contact lens is that it can be worn longer than traditional soft contact lenses. Soft hydrogel contact lenses are generally more flexible than rigid lenses and more comfortable to wear. Also, silicone hydrogel lenses have about five times the oxygen passing through the eyes into the eyes, improving the flow and reducing eye dryness associated with contact lens wear.
Hypoxia occurs when insufficient oxygen comes in contact with the eyes, which can cause an eye infection. Contact with longer than the recommended period may increase the risk. All instructions for wear, cleaning, and disposal of the contacts must be strictly observed.
There are many types of silicone hydrogel materials used to make contact lenses that address a variety of corrective and wear needs. Therefore, knowing the benefits of silicone hydrogel will help you determine your preference, but consult with your doctor which contact lens is suitable for you.
Contact Lenses Care for Eye Health
1. Clean the lens with care solution. The lens should be cleaned with lens care solution. Otherwise, bacteria can develop that can harm eye health, causing eye irritation. The lens care solution should only be used up to 3 months after opening. In addition, the lens care solution should not be transferred to another container. It is not sterilized and may cause contamination.
2. Do not store the lens in the bathroom. Wet bathrooms are places where bacteria and fungi tend to grow. The lens should be stored indoors at temperatures between 1 and 30 degrees away from humid and high-temperature places.
3. Check the lens case cleaning and replacement cycle. The lens case should also be washed and changed solution daily after use. It is also recommended to replace the lens case once a month. It is also recommended to clean the lens case with the lens care solution.
4. Most contact lenses should not be used overnight. Many people can reuse it, but it needs to be removed and cleaned every night before being replaced in the morning.
5. Follow all instructions on contact lens wear for safety for your eye health.