We are proud to offer our patients the latest contact lens options available.
The American Optometric Association recommends for contact wearers to:
- Always wash your hands and dry thoroughly before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses as directed by your optometrist. Rinse your contact lenses thoroughly with your fingers. Soak the lens overnight with a versatile solution that completely covers each lens.
- Keep the lens in the appropriate lens storage case and replace or disinfect the case at least every three months. Clean the case every time you use it and clean it with clean water.
- Only use products recommended by the optometrist to clean and disinfect the lens. Saline and ash droplets do not disinfect the lens.
- Use only fresh solution when cleaning and storing contact lenses. Never reuse old solutions. If you do not use the lens every day, change your contact lens solution according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Always follow the contact lens replacement schedule recommended by your optometrist.
- Remove contact lenses before swimming or before entering the hot tub.
- Visit your optometrist for regular contact lenses and eye examinations.
You should always try to use your contact lenses correctly.
Then check your eyes regularly and follow the instructions of your ophthalmologist.
If you experience pain or discomfort in contact lenses, discontinue use immediately and consult an ophthalmologist.